Creamy Garlic Scallops Spaghetti with Bacon is an ideal choice for a romantic dinner for two or at any time of the year you want to pamper yourself or a special person. Ready in well under 30 minutes, this quick & easy meal that’s sure to impress while keep your focus on your guest(s).
¾ pound dry spaghetti
4 slices crisp cooked bacon, chopped
1 pound medium sized scallops
Salt and pepper to season
3 tablespoons olive oil
6 cloves minced garlic
½ cup white wine
1 cup low sodium seafood stock (or chicken stock)
1½ cups whipping cream
2 large tomatoes, center pulp removed and diced small.
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the dry spaghetti to al dente in salted water and drain.
2. Crisp cook the bacon in a large sauté pan and roughly chop it. Set aside.
3. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and pan sear them in the bacon fat for only about 1½ to 2 minutes per side and set aside with the bacon.
4. Drain the bacon fat from the pan and add the olive oil and garlic; cook for only a minute to slightly soften the garlic.
5. Add the white wine and seafood stock and simmer quickly for a few minutes until the liquid has reduced by about ⅓. Add the cream and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper if needed, then add the bacon, tomatoes and the scallops to the sauce. Simmer for only a minute or two to warm the scallops through before adding the cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese.
7. Toss together the pasta and sauce very well before serving.