Butter-Basted Rib Eye is a mouthwatering Sunday Brunch treat. This savory, palette pleasing meal is quick and simply that can be prepared in one cast-iron pan.
Two 1¼ pound, boneless rib eye steaks
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
3 Tbsp. olive oil
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
4 thyme sprigs
3 garlic cloves
2 rosemary sprigs
1. Rub the rib eyes with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil then season with salt and pepper.
2. Let the meat stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of the oil until shimmering.
4. Add the steaks and cook over high heat until crusty on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
5. Turn the steaks and add the butter, thyme, garlic and rosemary to the skillet.
6. Cook over high heat while continually basting with the butter, garlic and herbs until the
steaks are medium-rare. About 5 – 7 minutes.
7. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and lest for 10 minutes.