Shrimp Quesadillas are a tasty mixture of spicy shrimp, sautéed onions & bell peppers, garlic, and melted cheese crisped in a tortilla. These quesadillas are simple and a delicious way to enjoy shrimp!
1 pound uncooked medium shrimp peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup onion chopped
1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons taco seasoning or 1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon EACH garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, paprika, ground cumin, salt, black pepper
1-2 cups melting cheese mozzarella, cheddar, Mexican blend or Monterey Jack
6-8 Medium flour tortillas
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or pan. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the pan. Cook for 1 minute or until tender.
2. Add the shrimp and taco seasoning and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until shrimp begins to turn pink.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and rinse and whip down the pan with a paper towel. .
4. Return the pan to the heat and spray cooking spray or brush with about 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
5. Place a tortilla in the pan and sprinkle cheese on one side of the tortilla. Spoon about 5 to 6 shrimp or enough to cover with another sprinkle of cheese. Fold tortilla in half.
6. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy. Repeat for reaming tortillas.
7. Serve with Sour cream, salsa, or guacamole.