Grilled BBQ Chicken with Pineapple Salsa is made by smothering grilled chicken with thick & flavorful bbq sauce then topping it with a delicious pineapple salsa made with lime and jalapeno. Perfect for your Fourth of July and weekend get-togethers, the pineapple salsa pairs perfectly with the tangy grilled barbecue chicken.
- 6 pineapple rings
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, diced
- Salt and Pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat your grill.
- Place the pineapple rings on the grill and cook 1 minute on each side or until slightly charred. Remove the pineapple from the grill and dice.
- In a small bowl, combine the diced pineapple, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeño, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Lightly coat the chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the grill over direct heat and cook until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Coat the chicken breasts liberally with BBQ Sauce and allow the sauce to caramelize. Remove the chicken breasts from the grill after 1 minute to avoid burning, and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top each chicken breast with a generous amount of pineapple salsa and serve.