Grilled Peach Crisp Sundaes with Cinnamon-Honey Drizzle is a ridiculously simple and refreshing summer Brunch. All you need to pull it off is a handful of basic ingredients, a grill (or grill pan), and 7 minutes.
2 large ripe peaches, halved and pitted
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 pint vanilla bean ice cream
½ cup of your favorite granola
¼ cup honey
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Brush the cut-side of your peaches with olive oil and sprinkle with the tiniest pinch of salt.
- Heat a lightly oiled grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, place the peaches on the grill cut-side down and cook for about 5 minutes until slightly softened with visible grill marks.
- Meanwhile, heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the honey and cinnamon and cook for about 45 seconds, stirring regularly, until warmed through.
To assemble your sundaes
- Put the grilled peach halves into bowls or fancy serving plates.
- Top each half with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, sprinkle with granola and drizzle with the cinnamon-honey.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 sundaes