Grilled Cuban Flank Steak is delicious when it’s marinated in Cuban flavors and grilled!
1 large piece of flank steak (this recipes makes enough marinade for 1-3 pounds of meat)\
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 T soy sauce (or coconut aminos for Paleo version)
1/2 tsp. ground chipotle chile powder (or use your favorite hot sauce)
2 tsp. lime zest (optional)
1. Combine marinade ingredients. Put flank steak into a ziploc bag and pour marinade in, seal bag, and marinate all day in refrigerator. (You can marinate up to 24 hours if desired.)
2. Take meat out of refrigerator and let it come to room temperature before grilling.
3. Oil the grill with a paper towel dipped in olive or grapeseed oil, then preheat gas or
charcoal barbecue grill to medium-high (you can only keep your hand there for a few seconds.)
4. Grill meat to desired doneness, approximately 4-5 minutes per side for rare to medium rare or 6 minutes for medium. I wouldn’t cook flank steak more than medium or it will be tough.Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your flank steak, the best way to judge the doneness is to use an instant-read meat thermometer, cooking to 140-145 for medium rare or 155- 160 for medium. (The meat in the photo was cooked about 5 minutes per side.
5. Remove meat from grill and let rest about 5 minutes. (Cover with foil to keep warm if
6. Slice across the grain and serve hot, with slices of fresh lime to squeeze on the meat