How To Make Lobster Mac & Cheese
4 Lobster Tails
1 lb Cavatappi or Elbow Mac noodles
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack
1 cup Havarti cheese
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
2.5 oz Boursin Garlic and Herbs
2 tbsps sour cream
1 tbsp garlic paste or fresh garlic
1 diced shallot
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups whole milk
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup dry white wine (optional – swap for chicken stock)
2 tsps Better than bouillon lobster base (or chicken/veggie etc)
onion powder, garlic,
Prep lobsters with sharp kitchen scissors. Cut down each side of the tail and remove the lobster meat. (remove the vein and clean as needed)
2. Precook the Lobster meat until about halfway cooked in some butter and season with cajun seasoning. Chop into bite sized chunks and set aside.
3. Boil noodles to package instructions. Salt your pasta water heavily.
4. Begin making your cheese sauce by adding butter and a touch of oil to your pot. Add the shallot and garlic and cook on medium low for 1-3 minutes or until fragrant. Don’t burn the garlic!
5. Next, Add in your lobster base and mix to combine. Add flour and mix constantly for about 2 minutes. Next, add in your heavy cream and milk and increase the heat to bring this to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat to low (stirring occasionally). The sauce should have thickened up a bit at this point. Mix in your sour cream and Boursin cheese. Mix until smooth.
6. Once the heat is back on low, begin to slowly mix in your shredded cheese a little at a time. Once the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth, season to taste. Add in 2/3 of your chopped lobster and mix this sauce with your noodles.
7. Fill your baking dish with this mixture and top with remaining Lobster Meat. Add a layer of cheese on top and bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly. You can use some of the lobster shell for garnish (place it around the edges of your baking dish)
8. Garnish with parsley and enjoy.