Shrimp and Goat Cheese Tarts! An elegant and delicious appetizer for any party. Puff pastry rounds topped with tomatoes, feta, and tomatoes. Simple yet so delicious!
2 sheets 1 package Pillsbury Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed
4 ounces quality garlic and herb goat cheese
1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
20 cooked shrimp tails cut off
1/2 cup diced green onion
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, thyme, and green onion. Stir until combined. Set aside.
2. On a floured surface, unroll puff pastry (already thawed according to package instructions) sheets.
3. Cut each sheet into 5-6 circles (I used the top of a cocktail glass to make my circles). Place the circles onto the baking sheet.
4. Using a sharp knife, scour the edge of each circle about a half inch in. This will allow the pastry to bake up around the toppings.
5. Top each circle with 1-2 tablespoons of the tomato mixture, depending on the size of your circles. Stay within the scoured lines.
6. Top with a slice of goat cheese, about 1/2 inch thick.
Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Pastry will begin to puff up but will not yet be browned.
Top each tart with 1-2 shrimp and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, or until shrimp is warmed and pastry is completely cooked. Serve warm or cold.