Chef Matt (a self taught Home Chef from Virginia) has a passion for cooking and sharing my creations. “Too many of us have drifted away from the kitchen – and my goal is to change that! Let’s Make It Happen!”
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz crab meat (lump, claw, or special)
1 tbs sour cream
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 tsp hot sauce
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 cup frozen spinach (cooked and dried)
flour 1/2 lemon juiced
bread crumbs 2 eggs
Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (optional – can be added to the crab mixture for a more cheesy texture)
1/4 cup mayo
1-2 tbsps sriracha
2 tbsps ketchup
2 tbsps worcestershire sauce
1 pinch of sugar
1 tsp garlic paste
How To Make Fried Crab Bites
1. Begin by chopping your spinach and microwaving for 60 seconds. Dry with a paper towel.
2. Add 8 oz of room temp cream cheese to a mixing bowl, along with spinach and mix to combine.
3. Add sour cream, worcestershire & hot sauce, and season to taste.
4. Fold in your crab meat and add some fresh lemon juice.
5. Next, Slowly fold in 1/4 cup of bread crumbs to act as a binder.
6. Next, place this mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
7. Whisk eggs and heavy cream together and place flour in 1 bowl and bread crumbs in a separate bowl.
8. Form your crab filling into meatball size crab bites and place in the flour – then egg – then bread crumbs.
9. Fry at 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
For more recipes subscribe to Mr. Make It Happen