Super fluffy chocolate brownie cake for breakfast without a baking time that you can eat while you fry! Drizzled with a chocolate sauce/ganache! Who’s coming for breakfast?
- 1 cup self raising flour (or plain/all purpose or spelt flour/s are fine)
- 1/2 cup wholemeal | whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cup raw sugar (or your natural sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (2 teaspoons if using plain/all purpose flour/s)
- (1/2 teaspoon baking soda if using plain/all purpose flour/s)
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons light butter , melted (or oil of choice)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups low fat/skim milk (or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup dark or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips of choice (I used dark chocolate)
- 3 tablespoons low fat/skim milk (or almond milk)
Combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar (or sweetener), baking powder (and baking soda if using) and salt together in a mixing bowl. Pour in the butter (or oil), vanilla and milk. Whisk until combined. Fold through chocolate chips.
- Heat a nonstick pan over low-medium heat with cooking oil spray. Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake into the pan and cook until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is set. Flip and cook until done. Repeat with remaining batter
Melt the chocolate in a microwave or over stove top (use your preferred method). Stir with a fork until lump free and evenly melted. Add the milk and whisk until smooth, combined and a creamy sauce has formed.
To serve, dust with a little icing or confectioners sugar, and drizzle with the chocolate ganache.
Recipe courtesy of Cafe Delites