Korean BBQ Chicken is a great twist on the usual barbecue chicken. This sweet and tangy marinade makes the delicious barbecue chicken. Try to marinade the chicken for at least four hours for a real culinary treat.
1 cup white sugar
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
4 teaspoons hot chile paste (optional)
4 chicken breast cutlets
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
1. In a medium saucepan over high heat, whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, water, onion powder, and ground ginger.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Remove the mixture from heat, cool, and whisk in lemon juice and hot chile paste.
5. Place chicken in the mixture.
6. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours before preparing chicken as desired.
7. Grill the chicken until thoroughly cooked.
8. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the chicken