What say summer better than a spicy Chili Cheeseburger.
2 lb. ground beef
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. chili powder
Freshly ground black pepper
1 onion, finely diced
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 15-oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
1 c. shredded Cheddar
4 burger buns
Sliced green onions, for garnish
Pickled jalapeños, for garnish
Chili Cheese Burgers
1. In a large bowl, combine 1 1/4 pounds ground beef, garlic, and 1 tablespoon chili powder and season with salt and pepper. Form into four patties.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Add patties and cook 4 minutes per side. Drain fat.
3. Make chili sauce: Add onions to skillet and cook until soft and tender, 5 minutes. Season with salt. Add remaining ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes, then drain fat.
4. Stir in remaining chili powder, cumin, paprika, and garlic powder until combined, then add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and stir until combined. Let simmer 5 minutes (add 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup water to thin sauce to your desired consistency).
5. Return burger patties back to the skillet and spoon sauce all over. Top with cheddar and cover with lid to melt.
6. Top buns with burgers, spoon over more chili sauce, and top with green onions and pickled jalapeños.
Recipe Courtesy of Delish