These grilled rib eye is smothers with a creamy blue cheese sauce.
4 rib eye steaks (about 5 ounces each)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 stick softened butter
1 large yellow onion, sliced
1 cup heavy cream
3 to 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Preheat the grill to a high heat or light your outdoor grill.
2. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper and smear both sides of the steaks with 1/2 stick of the butter.
Grill the steaks until medium-rare, 3 to 4 minutes per side, and then remove from the heat and keep warm. (You can also saute them in a skillet over medium-high heat if you prefer.)
3. Melt the remaining 1/2 stick of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and then saute the onions until golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes. Pour in the cream, a dash of salt and pepper and the Worcestershire sauce. Let it bubble up, then add the blue cheese and stir together to melt, adding more pepper or Worcestershire sauce as you wish.
4. Place the steaks on plates and spoon the sauce over the top.
5. Take a bite. And the world at long last will make sense.
Recipe Courtesy Of Ree Drummond