These Hawaiian Chicken Skewers are a fun and easy to prepare summer grilling treat. Say aloha to what will become everyone’s favorite BBQ skewers.
1/2 c. barbecue sauce
1/3 c. soy sauce
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. ginger, minced
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
2 c. cubed pineapple
2 green bell peppers, diced
1 red onion, diced
White rice, for serving
2 tsp. cilantro
Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
1. Preheat grill or grill pan on medium heat.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger and honey until completely combined. Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
3. Build skewers by alternating chicken, pineapple, peppers, and red onion. Place on a baking sheet and pour over half your marinade.
4. Place skewers on preheated grill, and brush with reserved marinade. Cook five minutes and flip, brushing the other side with marinade as well.
5. Cook five more minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Serve with white rice and a sprinkle of cilantro.