By Rita Rubino
Have you ever thrown a party or gathering and found yourself so busy during the event that you didn’t even talk to any of your guests? Well, here are some do ahead tips to help you enjoy your party.
1. Start making ice several days ahead and store in plastic bags.
2. Have the wine and bottle openers out and ready
3. Have serving platters and serving utensils ready
4. Don’t forget silverware and glasses and plates
5. Clean out your refrigerator to make room for party food
6. Empty the dish washer or sink so you can keep the kitchen clean
7. Have paper goods on hand just in case
8. Have a pitcher of ice water or bottled water available
9. Set out an extra garbage can in the kitchen
10. Have an area ready for host/hostess gifts and a vase ready for flowers.