The Glogg Cocktail is a warming Scandinavian tipple is just what you need during chilly winter months.
32 oz Water
8 oz Brandy or spiced rum
1 Large orange’s peel, cut into large strips
2 tsp Vanilla extract
Fresh ginger, peeled and crushed slightly with the back of a spoon
2 tbsp Whole cloves
10 Cardamom pods
1⁄2 tsp Freshly grated nutmeg
4 sticks Cinnamon
1 bottle Dry red wine
8 oz Vodka
2⁄3 cup Dark brown sugar
Raisins and sliced blanched almonds
1. Add the water, brandy, orange peel, vanilla extract, ginger and spices a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for one minute, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
4. Strain out the cloves and orange peel and decant into a serving vessel, leaving behind as much of the other spices as possible.
5. Serve in mugs garnished with raisins and sliced blanched almonds.