This Stuffed Grilled Red Snapper recipe has been given a distinct island twist – a Jamaican variation on ceviche, a dish popular in the Latin American countries.
- 2 Red Snapper, scaled and gutted
- 2 Lemons, cut into think slices
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Peppercorn, crushed (optional)
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 10 Pimento Seeds
- 2 Onions
- White Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Cups Spinach, chopped
- 2 Sweet Peppers
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 45 MINUTES
- Wash and towel dry fish.
- Cut small deep gashes on each side of the fish.
- Brush fish with olive oil, season well with sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and allspice.
- Place a few slices of lemon in each of the cavities.
- Place fish on the grill and grill until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Carefully turn the fish over and continue to grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Season spinach with sea salt and pepper, cook.
- Stuff the grilled fish with the cooked spinach.
- Slice onions, scotch bonnet pepper, sweet peppers, carrots (julienne) and place in a small pot with vinegar. Add pimento seeds as well.
- Boil contents on stove for approx. 5 min. (Be careful of your eyes burning if contents are overheated).
- Pour contents on the grilled fish for a hot and spicy flavour.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppercorn (optional).